In developing operational guidelines for the 2020 season we are implementing many of the recommendations of the CDC, medical professionals, the State of California, El Dorado County and adopting many of the emerging common practices of the transportation & outdoor industry as it responds to COVID-19.
No matter how diligent our efforts, it is impossible to ensure that a river shuttle will be 100% free of sources of infection. By booking & riding on the shuttle, you are acknowledging and accepting this risk.
We ask that you please read the following procedures for how we intend to best protect our staff and guests.
- We are not filling our vans to max capacity. We will max out at 7 riders to assure social distancing. If you are a party larger than seven and from the same household, please call us so we can assist you with your reservation.
- We advise you not to book if you are considered an “at-risk” individual, or feel ill (see Pre-Trip questions below).
To and from the river:
- ALL RIDERS need to come with a face mask and wear it in the vans or be turned away.
- Max 7 riders in the van – spread out
- All windows open at all times for ventilation
- Keep talking and contact to a minimum while in the van
- Drivers to have minimal contact with people’s gear as possible.
- All gear for kayakers goes into their kayak, paddle included.
- All Raft gear secured separately for each group if we are carrying more than one group.
- No personal gear allowed inside van, No eating or drinking in van
- Riders to handle their gear & secure it
- Drivers will make sure any boats tied down up top are secure for transport
- Drivers will wipe down handles, seat belts etc after each run
- If you need to cancel your ride due to not feeling well please contact our office between 9 am & 5pm
Pre-trip, before you arrive:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have chills or a headache not associated with another health issue?
- Do you have a cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have a sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have any muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- Have you lost your sense of smell or taste?
By booking a seat on the shuttle you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By riding the shuttle, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Coloma Shuttle; SoFAR; El Dorado County; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.